用於培養微藻的實驗級光生物反應器套件。 其中包括50升淡水微藻培養物和一瓶足以一年食用的營養液。 該套件可直接使用，即插即用。
- 尺寸: D30*100H+80*80*150H cm, <40kg<, 0.6 m3
- 流體量: <60L
- 空氣再生能力: <9 棵森林樹 (參考)
- 電源: 100~240V AC, <80W
- 微藻液（Euglena，價值：$ 2,000）包括20升
- Microalgal Nutrients 200ml (one year consumption, valued HK$500) included
- 將微藻液的1/3〜1/2排到桶中。 將幾滴漂白劑倒入桶中，以使活的微藻細胞失活，然後再將其倒入排水中。
- 用直接自來水加注水箱（僅在香港）。 如果自來水中有異常強烈的氯氣氣味，請先將其注入桶中，然後在約12小時後使用水
微藻被認為是最有前途的柔性原料，被認為是未來的作物。 他們成長很快。 它們包含高價值的成分，例如蛋白質、碳水化合物、脂質、核酸和其他成分（類胡蘿蔔素和聚合物）。 因此，它們可以為廣泛的市場生產，包括人類和動物營養、化妝品、藥品和生物燃料。
- The reactor is panel shaped 4L reactor with a single partition in indoor. The CO2 concentration of the inlet gas is 490 ppm and its flow rate is 1000 mL/min. After 24 hours, the concentration of the CO2 in the outlet gas is measured to be 146 ppm, with a consumption of 70% CO2. The reactor is able maintain over 70% CO2 consumption for the two week operation cycle.
- The reactor is a tubular reactor with a volume of 1L in indoor. The CO2 concentration of the inlet gas is 450 ppm and its flow rate is 1000 mL/min. After 24 hours, the concentration of the CO2 in the outlet gas is measured to be 90 ppm, with a CO2 consumption of over 80%. The reactor is able maintain over 80% CO2 consumption for 250 hours of operation.
- The reactor is a tubular reactor with a volume of 100L. The reactor is operated in an outdoor site. The CO2 concentration of the inlet gas is 400 ppm and its flow rate is 10L/min. After 72 hours, the concentration of the CO2 in the outlet gas is measured to be 45 ppm, with a CO2 consumption of over 80% The reactor is able maintain over 80% CO2 consumption for 18 days of operation and 40% CO2 consumption for 30 days of operation.
Ref: NAMI Patent US20160166985A1)
School Curriculum References:
A unique K-12 module that teaches the fundamentals of algae and how algae can be applied as a solution for today’s global dilemmas. This STEM kit includes everything needed for students to grow algae in their classroom: daily lesson plans; laboratory supplies, live algae and the additional consumables needed to complete the curriculum. The Algae Academy curriculum is age specific with different objectives for elementary, middle, and high school classes.
2. Algae to Energy: Optimizing Systems (web)
The concept of utilizing fast-growing, high-lipid content microalgae to produce renewable liquid transportation fuels has first garnered attention in 1960. Investments by industrial and government sectors into “green energy” alternatives to fossil fuels over the last decade greatly advanced research and technological development of sustainable, land-based biofuel crops.
However, at present, the development of novel microalgae biotechnologies is required to realize and evaluate the scaled-up, full-potential of microalgal energy systems – future technologic leaps likely conceived or discovered, years from now, by present day STEM students.
This project is designed for students in grades 9-12 in introductory to advanced biology, environmental science and engineering courses and can be modified for student in grades 7-16.
Full Manual includes all files that follow:
- Teacher Manual
- Student Background
- Student Lab
- Quantifying Algae Growth
- Algae Color Identification Chart
Key Content Areas: Photosynthesis, Renewable Energy, Experiment Design, Bioenergy Production, Engineering
3. Synthetic Biology – Microalgae Purification System (web)
We thought about applying synthetic biology to develop a photobioreactor system consisting of microalgae (or cyanobacteria) with a few kinds of enzymes produced by genetically engineered Bacillus subtilis. The system is more efficient in improving indoor air quality than traditional air purifiers which are unable to remove CO2 and VOCs.
5. Algae Education and the Future of Bioeconomy (web)
6. The Algae Technology Educational Consortium (web)
7. Taiwan Project MINGDAO iGEM (web)