What is oxygen ion?
Oxygen ions are molecules or atoms that contain an electric charge and exist in various sizes. As ion density decreases, so does air quality, creating a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria.
The essence of bipolar ionization technology is that air quality can be improved by increasing the number of positively and negatively charged oxygen ions.
- Power: 5V DC
- Operating Temperature: +5 °C ~ +55°C
- Dimension: 86mm x 60mm
- Recommended Air Flow: minimum 1 m/s (Laminar)
High ion concentrations effectively remove harmful substances from the air
UK study revealed that a concentration of 7,000 ions/cm3 in a 1m3 volume box can effectively inactivate and eliminate 99.95% of the airborne H5N1 influenza virus within 10 minutes.
Under identical conditions, 50,000 ions/cm3 can remove 99.9% of H5N1 influenza virus in 10 minutes.
According to BPI efficiency studies, a concentration of 3,000 ions/cm3 is the minimum acceptable level for removing harmful substances from the air.
COVID-19 Laboratory Tests
SARS-CoV-2（COVID-19）Tests were completed recently in Israel with very positive results.
Test methods and results
- Location: Hospital Laboratory, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Virus medium: Collect lately-inoculated coronavirus (GenBank registration number: AM260960) and store at -80 degrees until the process of ribonucleic acid (RNA) extraction
- Virus detection method: real-time RT-PCR test
- Test procedure: Monitair IonAir 1500 was placed in the experimental chamber and kept 30 cm away from the coronavirus suspension, and ions were blown against the coronavirus suspension for 30 minutes.
- PCR Test Result: Monitair IonAir 1500 was able to reduce viral load by 99.95% in 10 minutes.